Tuesday, September 19, 2006

VOIP for Lingarra

I introduced the Lingarra folks to VOIP and audacity yesterday.

After adding the universe repository in ubuntu, we installed wengophone, ekiga and audacity with Synaptic.

Bret created an account and called my landline with it. Yay for free calls. I spoke with a couple of the kids who said the liked using the computers. I guess they probably found it weird speaking to someone through the computer mic! Interesting times ahead. :)

I also think they could do some cool stuff with audacity...record language...make a podcast..record music...the possibilities are endless!

We will tackle the use of ekiga next because i think it has better sound quality.

Another one on the list is skype but we couldn't find it with Synaptic...looks like a download is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment