Sunday, April 28, 2019

Heller Heated Vest Part Five: Battery seems to have died...

Another update on the Heller heated vest. The battery seems to have now died completely. The week before this happened the battery wasn't charging up properly. I purchased the vest mid July 2018, it's now the end of April 2019. It is almost officially out of warranty (1 year). I'm still feeling hesitant about contacting the store for a replacement. **I contacted the Heated Vest Store and have already received a reply, they will send out a replacement. That is really great service by the Heated Vest Store, very happy with that.

While I was sent out a replacement vest with no fuss, it came with another battery. This never worked in the first place. I could have been sent a faulty battery.  I needed a replacement because the USB connecting wire broke. The Heated Vest Store replaced the vest with no issues and at quick speed.

I have a powerbank and have used this with the vest. When in use, the vest uses the highest heat setting, there is no option for temperature regulation. The supplied battery has a button to give access to different heat settings. I'm not 100% confident that using a powerbank is safe, the heating element may draw more current than what is required by the highest heat setting. I don't need to experience an electrical fire while doing a dialysis treatment with two sharp needles in my arm.

The vest by itself is still quite warm, so I am continuing to use it. In the meantime, with winter almost here, I'm looking at other options for heated clothing.

Update 15-05-19: Turns out the battery is OK. I've been able to use it with a new heated vest I recently purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment