Saturday, July 21, 2018

Heller Heated Vest Part Three: Battery life...is Great!

I arrive at my dialysis clinic in Fitzroy anywhere between 7.10-7.30 am for a 7.30 am treatment slot. First in for the day. In Melbourne this winter we have had 9 am temperatures ranging between 2.4 and 12 degrees.

See http://www.weatherzone.com.au/station.jsp?lt=site&lc=86338&list=ds for the Melbourne Daily Temperature Table for July 2018.

Even though it is extremely cold at 6.45-7.00 am, I did not switch the jacket on for my drive in - my car heater warms up pretty quick and I did not want to waste the battery.

I wore the vest over a skivvy and then I put a jacket (with hoodie) over the Heller heated vest. See pics below.

The jacket with battery weighs .5 kg. Not much at all! I had to know the weight so we could take it off when I weighed in on completion of dialysis. I don't like to take my jacket off in case I spring a leak. It is also why I wear my shoes too.

The vest was switched on at 7.30 am. I used heat setting number 1 as recommended by the manual. My treatment goes for 4.5 hours. Because I'm on blood thinners it can take up to an hour to stop bleeding and that is on a good day!

Having the vest to test today was handy because I was in one of the private/seclusion rooms - aka the icebox.

I left dialysis and the jacket was still warming! It stopped while i was driving home..at about 2 pm. So it lasted 6.5 hours! The company claimed the battery lasted 6 hours on heat setting 1...and it really did!

The battery gets quite warm in the pocket, not hot to touch but friendly. If my right hand got cold I could warm it on the battery. This was handy and I did it a few times.

I'll do more updates about the vest as I learn more, information about washing it and battery longevity.

All in all after the first proper use I'm more than impressed with this vest, even if I do look odd in it.

Photos:

Heller Heated Vest Medium
Heller Heated Vest Medium - without jacket
Heller Heated Vest Medium - with jacket.
Michelin Man style.

No comments:

Post a Comment