Saturday, July 21, 2018

Heller Heated Vest Part Two: Dialysis trial

My heated vest works! While it might be a little tight across my chest (a point of contention with my partner), it really keeps me warm at dialysis. I'm wearing another jacket over the vest. I'll take a picture later so you can see how silly I look. Dialysis isn't a fashion show - as long as I'm comfortable and warm!

While it would be great to have heating pads on the front too, this vest is a huge improvement on my normally cold state at dialysis. I've been here for an hour and i'm very toasty!

As provided by the instructions I'm only using heat setting 1 as I'm not in sub zero temperatures. The battery will last longer this way too. Heat setting 1 is enough for me, when I was testing the vest at home, I used heat setting 3, and while there is a difference, it is not that great.

The battery in the front right pocket does get warm so I can put my free hand inside to get it warm as needed. I'll do another update to write more about the battery and how long it lasts for me.

I was suprised that the tag on the vest indicates origins as Altona through GAF - GAF only do bulk orders. Altona is only a hop skip and jump from me. The Heated Vest Store is in South Australia.

So overall, yes I recommend buying this vest for use in haemodialysis (hemodialysis) centres. At 78.95 AUD inc delivery, this vest is worth it. A bigger size might have been better though. Go to the Heated Vest Store to order yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment