Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Tenchoff update

Well it has been over a week now and I am on the mend. I have had my dressings removed and my wound is healing up nicely.

I was shown how to clean the exit site so as to keep it free from infection. Eventually i will learn the art of taping things nicely, I'm trying all sorts of different configurations.

The hospital in the home folks 'discharged' me today, although I'll still need to do blood tests to keep on top of my INR. I have a whole heap of medical supplies for cleaning my wounds and exit site, the hospital provides everything I need, all for gratis. This is also the case for the dialysis equipment and fluid. St V's have been really great. I am so glad I live in a country that still provides free medical care.

I found another cool link on Peritoneal Dialysis - see http://www.kidneypatientguide.org.uk/site/pdanim.html - you'll need flash installed to see this one as it is an animation of the process. I'm still not 100% on how I will do my PD - overnight or 4 times a day, I might have to give both a go.

Sometimes the catheter causes discomfort, I can feel it inside me. Hopefully I will get used to it and eventually won't notice at all.

Photos? Yep, soon I'll upload.

Extra Info:
INR: See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prothrombin_time

No comments:

Post a Comment